Can you recall the number of times you looked at your floor carpets, decided to clean them instantly, but finally did not do so? Well, this procrastination or ignorance is mostly due to bigger cleaning area and more frequent spillage over those most used carpets. The latter is true, especially when you have pets or kids spilling all types of stuff around. This makes carpet cleaning quite tiresome and frustrating.
Carpets not only are aesthetically appealing but also functionally commendable, as they insulate and protect the floor from scratches and scuffs. However, it can be tough to make them look clean for longer. Similarly, the more you delay in cleaning them, the harder it is to remove the dirt and stains, pushing you into a vicious cycle.
In such a case, you may even feel like hiring a professional, which nearly cost you up to a few hundred dollars for a 900-square foot area cleaning. While this is certainly not cheap, it is necessary once in every 18 months for your carpets to function better and last longer. However, this frequency is certainly on the rise if the spilling accidents are just too often. Therefore, the only option left for budgeted and money saving individuals is to clean the carpets using some top rated carpet cleaner.
With an effective carpet cleaner, it truly becomes easier to maintain your carpets. Preferably, the cleaner should have sufficient power to discard deep-rooted stains and dirt, should be easy to use and clean, and should be affordable than professional service. This is exactly where Hoover SteamVac carpet cleaner f5914-900 has proven itself.
Ensuring deeper cleaning and quick drying time, Hoover SteamVac is bound to surprise you with the way it works. Its cost is not high, which means using it to clean your home is equal to the professional one time fees you pay for entire home cleaning.
This lightweight designed Hoover SteamVac cleaner features rotating brushes for cleaning the carpet fibers in each direction to pick up dirt and grime. This ensures deeper cleaning than other cleaners do. Despite the label as ‘SteamVac’, the cleaner uses no steam but hot water along with agitating brushes and a cleaning solution for stain removal. The most commendable point of this Hoover carpet cleaner is that it is not only for carpet cleaning but also for bare floor cleaning.
- On a Bare Floor: Picks up any type of spill and works best on tiled surfaces. However, it does not work well on painted floors because it leaves behind much water.
- On a Carpet: Works with a suction that picks dirty liquids such as sofa, yogurt, coffee, and milk along with the last drop, provided you first vacuum using an upright model. The cleaner also removes stubborn stains right away on a pre-treated carpet that has already loosened the stains. Unlike other carpet cleaners, this one comes with heat drying feature that blows hot air for quick drying. The Hoover SteamVac cleaner is also capable of removing pet hair from a vacuum-cleaned carpet but this might not be highly satisfactory. Nevertheless, it is handy for pet owners having odor complaints, as it leads to respiratory disorders. Moreover, a specialized formula is on sale from the brand, which removes odor and stains from the carpet.
- On Upholstery: Works effectively with a few attachments affixed on an 8-foot hose. The handiest ones are the power hand tool and a scrubbing brush for spraying the cleaning solution or water, stir up, and take it back. Such a working mechanism removes any kind of stain. There is also an upholstery tool suctioning any spilled liquid.
Hoover SteamVac with Clean Surge Features
The aforementioned versatile performance is certainly due to the cleaner’s advanced features. Let us check them out!
- Tested Design: This Hoover carpet cleaner model has been stress tested for ensuring several years of good performance. This test is done in the brand’s American engineering laboratory.
- Counter Rotating SpinScrub Technology: The Hoover SteamVac Carpet Washer comes with five rotating brushes to push out the dirt and stains from all directions, which collects into the cleaner. For a deep cleaning impact, the brushes are capable of counter rotating themselves. The scrubbing is quite admirable and gentle yet tough on the carpet dirt and stains.
- Removable Brush Heads: The counter spinning brushes are removable, which means you can replace them. This is useful when wear and tear tend to blunt them with usage over time. Well, this saves you significant amount of money in buying a new cleaner, as you only have to change the brushes, and not the machine. Despite this, you will have a new life for your machine. Moreover, Hoover provides a myriad of spare parts for replacing the worn out or harmed parts, making it easy to retain the functioning of the Hoover SteamVac well with the passage of time. The convento remove the brushes also means you can easily clean them under running water.
- High Motor Power: The Hoover SteamVac f5914-900 cleaner runs on power of 12 amps, which is analogous to the power of a professional grade and more expensive cleaner. Such a high power is perhaps responsible for its high performance.
- Clean Surge: This capability is exclusively for the stained areas wherein fingertip control pushes more detergent towards highly stubborn spots and stains for their removal. It is also effective in grooming heavy trafficked areas. You just have to press a button near the handle to apply the additional detergent to the target area.
- Variable Speeds: The Hoover carpet cleaner comes with three different agitation speed options for the brush to operate as per the variable cleaning scenarios. These options are High for normal operation, Off for picking up spills, and Low for gentle operation.
- Dual Tanks: The Hoover SteamVac f5914900 comes with two tanks, one for holding dirty water and one for holding clean water. The latter holds hot water, making the task of cleaning more effective. However, the machine lacks a water heater.
- Handy Hand Tools: This washer is shipped with a powered SpinScrub tool for facilitating easy cleaning of the hard to reach or small areas such as stairs and upholstery. While the machine is ideal for cleaning the carpets, it is extremely effective in cleaning armchairs, sofas, and even car seats.
- 8-feet Stretch Hose: This hose is long enough to offer swift extended reach to any inaccessible or small target area.
- Carpet/Upholstery Detergent: Hoover SteamVac Carpet Cleaner comes with a 16 oz bottle containing an effective cleaning detergent. This saves time in choosing and getting the detergent. Well, you are all set to clean!
- No Belts: The carpet cleaners comes without belts, which means there will be no extra maintenance task of changing or replacing a belt.
- Easy Cleaning: You only have to clean the internal filter in the dirty water tank. There is no need to soap; all you have to do is rinse and press it to discard surplus water and then put it back. Moreover, just ensure that you empty the tank post every usage as well as spray water inside to discard any stuck sand inside. In addition, you should wash the scrubbing brushes as well.
- Warranty and Customer Support: The Hoover SteamVac carpet washer has a 1-year warranty attached to it. Similarly, you can expect a reliable customer support, in case you encounter any problems.
Note: When it comes to using the detergent with Hoover SteamVac, Hoover firmly suggests using their branded detergent. This is because they justify it for preventing the chances of component or fire damage. However, this does not mean that you will not get satisfactory results with the detergents of other brands.
Tips for Better Use
- Clean brushes or else they may accumulate the filth over time to decelerate their rotating ability.
- Read the manual, as it has many handy tips along with the usage instructions.
- Line up tank lids in place or else it can trigger problems such as leakage or loss of suction.
- Always use water as hot as possible for better cleaning power, but its temperature should not be more than 140 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Compact size
- Easy to maneuver and use
- Perfect deep cleaning carpet
- Quick carpet drying
- No cross-contamination, as clean and dirty water are in different holders
- Compatible with tiled floors and plush carpet
- Reachable even up to stairs, upholstery, or small spaces
- Robust motor
- Removable brushes for easy cleaning
- Less maintenance due to no belts
- Convenient stains and soiled area cleaning
- Handy accessories such as power hand tool and upholstery tool
- Heavy with filled tank
- Not ideal for homes with limited storage space
- Lacks rinse mode
- No separate detergent compartment
- Noisy with 85 decibels sound
- Couple of rounds to sinks in case of cleaning a medium sized area due to dirty water tank at the small side
Conclusion of Hoover SteamVac Reviews
Overall, the Hoover SteamVac Carpet Cleaner with Clean Surge f5914900 can be an ideal choice for those who are interested in simplified and more efficient DIY carpet cleaning tasks.