If you think that carpet cleaning is all about sitting on your knees and rubbing a brush all over, you are wrong. Sure, plenty of people do that, but it feels way too exhausting. Moreover, people hate doing it, so they barely clean their carpets a few times a year – mostly around important holidays. Things can go in a different direction if you analyze other alternatives. At this point, skipping the annoying operation is a matter of money and efficiency. It is up to you to figure which option is better, yet more and more homeowners still rely on cleaning carpets themselves.
If you are looking for best carpet cleaner, you really have to continue reading.
The first choice implies hiring a professional cleaner. They can come over to your house, clean the carpets and leave. You can also roll the carpets and take them to a cleaning service or maybe you can find one with pickup services. This option is probably the less time consuming one. It is comfortable and convenient. You can do it as often as you want too. It has one major drawback though – your budget. Cleaning companies do not come cheap at all. It might seem affordable to clean a carpet, but what do you do for the entire home?
- Comes with more tools for specific surfaces
- Can operate with hot water, yet it is recommended against extreme stains only
- Two water tanks – one for hot water and one for cold water
- Brush heads can be removed for easier cleaning and maintenance
- SpinScrub technology is patented and ensures 360 degree rotations
- Cord measures 20 feet
- Comes with an extra tank for detergent
- Lightweight enough to be easily carried around
- Impressive power for its size
- Easy to assemble and start, with or without experience
- Best buy Hoover carpet shampooer in our opinion!
- Being smaller means having smaller tanks too, yet it is still convenient
- Could have used a low water warning
- Dark clean water tank, so seeing the water level might feel hard
- Only one speed, yet other models from Hoover come with more of them
This is when the other option steps in – cleaning carpets yourself, but with a professional machine. It is convenient and easy, but it does not require too much time either. When not sure what cleaner to get, most experts recommend researching the best selling products in commerce. Hoover Power Scrub Deluxe Carpet Washer, FH50150 is one of the front runners. The upright position makes it quite comfortable and easy to move around, while results are spectacular. It is simply built to deliver. But before spending your money, make sure that you know what you are getting. So, what should you expect from this carpet washer?
Functional Performance. Is It Actually Best Buy Hoover Carpet Cleaner?
Hoover Power Scrub FH50150 cleaner is one of the lightest units in its segment. The size should not trick you though. It can pack plenty of power in that small unit. From this point of view, it is one of the most power efficient units in commerce. It can also rival with more popular cleaners for instance BISSELL Little Green. The good news is that it is relatively new when compared to other models from Hoover. Therefore, it brings in some of the latest technologies and patented features. Even the streamlined design is new. Generally speaking, the machine is lightweight and extremely simple to use. It makes no difference if you have used other best carpet cleaners before or this is your first one.
The Hoover Power Scrub Deluxe Carpet Cleaner is designed to deliver. It is excellent on all kinds of carpets. It makes no difference how new or old they are. Also, it does not matter if you want it for regular maintenance or to actually clean some old carpets that have never seen a cleaner before. Maintenance, stubborn stain removal and general cleaning will become a breeze. Despite the upright design, the machine looks a little bulky, but do not discourage yourself because carrying it around will not pose too many problems.
- On Carpets: The model is most commonly used for carpets – all kinds of carpets. You might expect it to be more common in homes with thick and fluffy carpets. Sure, they get stained easier. They also retain dust and dirt way faster. They have thick long fibers that gather all those impurities, but this Hoover carpet cleaner will face no issues in cleaning it. Obviously, it is even more efficient on traditional thin carpets with short fibers. However, you should not have any misconceptions about it. As long as you got carpets around, it becomes a necessity.
- On Upholstery: Upholstery is not to be overlooked either. How many stains can you count on your couch? Do you even remember the original vibrant colors of your chairs? Solving these issues will not pose any difficulties. Plenty of customers use this cleaner for their car interiors too. The good news is that you only need a few hours for the carpets or upholstery to get dry. You can skip those cleaning services that soak your car or carpets, only for you to wait for a few days before they are completely dry.
Hoover Power Scrub Deluxe Carpet Cleaner Features
As you check this Hoover’s carpet cleaner capabilities, it is obvious that it must come with some really powerful features in order to deliver. Knowing its patented technologies and features can help you make a wiser choice, but also to know precisely how to gain as much as possible from this experience.
- Patented SpinScrub Technology: You are less likely to find this technology in other brands. It is created and patented by Hoover. It was thoroughly tested and proven before being implemented. It keeps brushes spinning in a full rotating movement, only to penetrate even the deepest fibers and clear the harsh particles in stains. When most cleaners come with brushes going in one direction only, this one makes the difference.
- Excellent Power Standards: Hoover FH50150 comes with a 10amp output. It is not the most impressive power capability in this segment, but it is certainly in the superior side. It is more than enough for most types of stains. Even better, it is just one step below what commercial grade cleaners come with.
- Attachable Brush Heads: Once you are done cleaning, you can easily remove the brushes for easier cleaning. You will find plenty of dirt in there, including debris, hair and pet dander. Clear these things for maximum efficiency the next time. With these aspects in mind, maintenance is obviously not so complicated either.
- Lightweight Construction: The lighter your cleaning machine is, the less back pains you will deal with. This unit only weighs 19lbs. This machine is one of the lightest units in this segment. With all these, it has an exquisite power for this size. Even if you find it to be heavy, moving it around is fairly simple due to its wheels.
- Separate Water Tanks: If you have used other cleaners before, you have probably observed that many of them have one water tank. At some point, the Hoover Power Scrub Deluxe Carpet Washer no longer uses clean water, but dirty water. When tanks are separate, you do not have to worry about it. The water will not mix up, so you do not have to empty the dirty one too often.
- Extra Compartment For Detergents: Forget about mixing water and detergents, then emptying the compartment if you only want to rinse. The extra compartment for detergents will make this job way simpler. If you want to rinse after detergent cleaning, you can. If you want to save the detergent leftover instead of throwing it away, you can.
- Works With Hot Water: Cold water does a very good job at cleaning stains. But then, the old ones caused by aggressive and acid drinks may still leave some spots behind, even if they are not really visible. You want your carpet to look perfect, so opt for hot water. Not all the machines work with hot water though, but the Power Scrub does.
- Decent Cord Length: Worried that you might need to move the cleaner too much and “jump” from one electrical outlet to another? Forget about it. You can clean an entire room without needing to switch plugs. The power cord measures 20 feet in length – just perfect for your convenience.
- Hand Tools Included: The Hoover Power Scrub Deluxe Carpet Washer comes with a series of tools to make cleaning a breeze, whether you want to use it on rugs, classic carpets, upholstery or even car upholstery. Apart from the main SpinScrub tool, the package also includes three more tools – crevice tool, stair tool, and upholstery tool. They are specifically developed for other areas. The hose attaching to the machine measures eight feet – even better for your flexibility.
Conclusion of Hoover Power Scrub Review
So if you want to know what is the best carpet cleaner to buy, you have to look on Hoover Power Scrub Deluxe Carpet Washer, FH50150 which is definitely a good choice if you need superior cleaning solutions, ease of use, simplistic maintenance and excellent carpet rinsing capabilities. The patented technologies and hand tools coming with the package make this carpet washer even more comfortable to use. It is highly indicated in residential places, but it can also work wonders in small offices or even small businesses.Updated on September 17, 2017 by